The epoxy cart

Tools you like...tools you hate...
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

The epoxy cart

Post by Figment »

Yowza, that epoxy cart is a thing of beauty.

Those big-handled jugs with the spigots.... Is that how System Three ships bulk product, or is that something you came up with?
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Figment wrote:Those big-handled jugs with the spigots.... Is that how System Three ships bulk product...?
That's how it is shipped. That's a 5-gallon resin and 2.5-gallon hardener container. They come with the spigots.

The only larger size is a 55 gallon drum. I can't see needing that much at once unless I was cold molding an entire boat from the ground up. (never say never)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
kaynee30

This Old Boat

Post by kaynee30 »

Jeez, Tim:
I gotta get the Morash PBS production crew over to your place to start taping "This Old Boat" [theme music here "Whatcha gonna dooo widda drunken sailor..."].
First episide: Epoxy Science. Tim (our host) wheels epoxycart over and, dressed as Swedish Chef, begins instruction. "Poor de raesoon indo de poot un adden de hoordner, den sturr de goopen fern ad lestern a minude.......I likken do go fer ten. Sturren, sturren, sturren........"

Seriously, though, you should consider instructional videotapes of you projects. All the rage. Retirement kitty.
dasein668
Boateg
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668

Post by dasein668 »

Interactive Flash CDs.... And, wait... I know someone who could produce those for ya, Tim! For a price, of course! hehe
Tim

Post by Tim »

dasein668 wrote:Interactive Flash CDs.... And, wait... I know someone who could produce those for ya, Tim! For a price, of course! hehe
And who might that be, I wonder?

Free plug for Nathan: Brushfire Media
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Re: This Old Boat

Post by Figment »

kaynee30 wrote:Jeez, Tim:
I gotta get the Morash PBS production crew over to your place to start taping "This Old Boat" [theme music here "Whatcha gonna dooo widda drunken sailor..."].
First episide: Epoxy Science. Tim (our host) wheels epoxycart over and, dressed as Swedish Chef, begins instruction. "Poor de raesoon indo de poot un adden de hoordner, den sturr de goopen fern ad lestern a minude.......I likken do go fer ten. Sturren, sturren, sturren........"
As a certified Jim Henson nut (dog named Grover...), that cracked me up. Excellent rendition.

This Old Boat (royalties to don casey, of course)...... I occasionally stumble onto the TV show "ShipShape TV". www.shipshapetv.com This guy cracks me up. He presents the STRANGEST mix of character.... one minute he's Mr. Expert explaining the ins and outs of shorepower systems, and the next he's Mr. Bumbling Boater, in awe of the expert-of-the-week's application of rubbing compound. It's not a terribly informative program, but it's worth a chuckle if you happen to be channel-surfing.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Figment wrote:I occasionally stumble onto the TV show "ShipShape TV"....one minute he's Mr. Expert explaining the ins and outs of shorepower systems, and the next he's Mr. Bumbling Boater, in awe of the expert-of-the-week's application of rubbing compound....
Well said! I occasionally find my own TV channel set there as well, purely for the entertainment value and chortling potential. It's pretty amusing in its horridness.

I once watched him Awl-Grip a small fishing boat in a single 30-minute eposode (well, more like 17 minutes after you subtract the commercial breaks that occur every 32 seconds). The information was relatively accurate, if (pardon the pun) highly glossed over.

Bork, bork, bork!
kaynee30

better than "shipshapeTV"

Post by kaynee30 »

Does the guy on "Shipshape" have trusted assistant and S.L.J.O. Nathan Sanborn wrestling giant anaconda while He hawks his sponsors' wares?
No? Didn't think so.
Thus: "Nathan sure has his hands full; he might be in trouble! But he needs to get his message out!
If YOU need to get YOUR message out, Brushfire Media has the solution....."