Tripp-Lentsch 29/Tripp 30 Owners?

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
Opie91
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: Persistence
Boat Type: Tripp-Lentsch 29

Tripp-Lentsch 29/Tripp 30 Owners?

Post by Opie91 »

Hello all,

Any Tripp-Lentsch 30(29) owners out there? I own hull #3 and cannot find alot of information out there.

Thanks for any help!!!
Attachments
tripp_lentch_photo[1].JPG
Last edited by Opie91 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Tripp-Lentsch 30 Owners?

Post by Rachel »

Hi Opie91, and welcome to the forum :)

Is that your boat, #3 in the photo? I noticed her in the past on Yachtworld (where they had the name spelled wrong, "Lentch," oopsie), and she also made a photo appearance here on the forum once in a discussion about Tripp 30s and Tripp-Lentsch 29s. The re-work of the interior looked really nice.

Just to clarify:

The Tripp 30 was designed around 1959 (I'm estimating), and was first built by (or for) Seafarer Yachts, in The Netherlands (Werkspoor, Utrecht; maybe others?). Later some were built by Mechan's in Scotland. Even later there were other iterations such as the Santander 30. It has a traditional looking transom.

The Tripp-Lentsch 29 was designed around 1962 (again, estimating) as a joint project between Tripp and the builder, DeVries-Lentsch (Vianen-on-Lek, The Netherlands). The transom is the more "Tripp-like" bobbed style, and also I believe the hull lines are slightly different (among other differences).

I realize you probably already know this, but I just wanted to prevent confusion (now and in the future) given the thread title [now changed].

Rachel
Last edited by Rachel on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triton106
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by Triton106 »

Oh my god, Rachel. Is there any knowledge about boats you don't have? Amazing...
Ray D. Chang
Triton 106 in Berkeley, CA
Opie91
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: Persistence
Boat Type: Tripp-Lentsch 29

Post by Opie91 »

Rachel,

Thanks for the info. Not many people know the difference between the T30 and the T/L 29. It sounds like I found a place where someone has finally heard of these boats.

As far as the listing goes, I knew the broker when it was listed and she needed a listing. So I put a price on it no one would pay. I was surprised when one guy came back and looked at it 3 or 4 times.

Carl
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Tripp-Lentsch 29/Tripp 30 Owners?

Post by Rachel »

Opie91,

Have you has read the article on Bill Tripp, Jr. that was in Professional Boatbuilder in March 2007? It includes a small amount of information on the Tripp 30 and the Tripp/Lentsch 29. He's pictured on the lead page standing in front of a brand-spanking new T/L 29 at a boat show:

http://www.proboat-digital.com/proboat/ ... pg=59#pg59

Also, there have been three or four past threads here on the forum that mentioned either the T/L 29 or the Tripp 30, or both, that should turn up in a search.
sscoll
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Medora Jane
Boat Type: Pearson Triton #532 E.C.

Re: Tripp-Lentsch 29/Tripp 30 Owners?

Post by sscoll »

My buddy Don has a Tripp 30 built in Holland. He keeps it in Ashland, WI. He's done a considerable amount of work on it and it's a beautiful boat. They're a lovely vessel and a joy to watch in a good breeze.

Steve.