Pearson 10 Meter

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
radicalcy
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: AllAboutMe
Boat Type: Columbia 8.7

Pearson 10 Meter

Post by radicalcy »

Any opinions? I'm looking at one, but know nothing about it other than what I can see. Photos that I can find show a fairly roomy interior. Any issues that I should be aware of?
Thanks for any and all input.
Larry Wilson
Larry Wilson
Columbia 8.7
Columbia Sabre
Jason K
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Rambunctious
Boat Type: J/30

Post by Jason K »

Great boat.

I grew up racing and cruising one with my dad. The interior is nice, particularly given its age, and the boat is fast. It also points very well. Some of the older boats had problems with the fiberglass tabbing on the chainplate knees. I think that was fixed early in production, but you'll certainly want to check that out.

I'm sure there are other issues that I am unaware of - there always are - but they are good boats. That much is evidenced by how well they have retained their value. I don't recmember my dad doing anything other than normal maintenance and race prep. He's out of town now, but I'll talk to him when he gets back and if he has something interesting to add, I'll let you know.
- Jason King (formerly #218)
J/30 Rambunctious
http://www.rambunctiousracing.com
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

What he said. Great boat. Not quite as sexy as the Sabre, but still nothing I'd kick out of bed!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Figment wrote:What he said. Great boat. Not quite as sexy as the Sabre, but still nothing I'd kick out of bed!
That made for a unique mental picture; Figment kicking a boat out of bed...