Eddies'

This is the place for information on various types of permanent and temporary boat shops and other project shelters.
markwesti
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: Patricia A
Boat Type: Westsail 28

Eddies'

Post by markwesti »

Located Willmington California , it's a DIY yard started in the 50s' by Eddie , whom passed in the 80's and then it was run by surviving family who live on the property . My first introduction was around late 90's and I have been back about every 4-6 years . Here in Ca. especially LA. county it has been hard on the yard , I have been working in there when there have been county officials in there giving people a hard time , me included . (Hey com' on it's just a little dust.) Any how last time I was there the family had given up and sold the yard operation (they didn't own the property) To a out of state relative (Mike) whose claim to fame was he ran a trailer park near a lake . This guy was kind of a PITA , fortunately Lupe (the yard Manager) still worked there . So we just let the new guy tell us how to do it and then waited for him to go away , it worked . Well it's getting time to go back , I hear they are still there and so is Lupe .

ImageDSCF2289 by mark westi, on Flickr
ImageDSCF2305 by mark westi, on Flickr
CapnK
Site Admin

Re: Eddies'

Post by CapnK »

I like the 'nose art' on the crane. :D
Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog.
Sundance, '71 A-30, #429
Katie Marie, Ariel #422
Melelani, Islander 36 (shoal)

sailFar.net - Small boats, Long distances...