Alexseal paint colors.

This is the place to post your ideas, thoughts, questions and comments as relates to general boatbuilding and reconstruction techniques and procedures (i.e. recoring, epoxy, fiberglass, wood, etc.)
smcgrath67
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Leah Mae
Boat Type: C&C Corvette

Alexseal paint colors.

Post by smcgrath67 »

I'm making some good progress on my project C&C Corvette, getting ready to prime the deck. I'm settled on Alexseal for the topcoat, but having difficulty in color choice for the areas that won't be non-skid. White, but not glaring white, is what I'm after. The color card is hard to see differences on the computer. Example: I don't see a difference between snow white and cloud white. I'm told the matterhorn white has some grey in it, which I don't want on the deck. Has anybody used Alexseal on their deck, using a slight off-white?
Thank you!
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Re: Alexseal paint colors.

Post by atomvoyager »

I haven't used the off-whites other than the Matterhorn white with some grey in it and Oyster White. I have a paper color chart in hand and comparing it to the online chart it's not a perfect match. The Oyster looks like a very light cream. Cloud White and Snow White are the closest colors to a sheet of paper. Off White and Stark White are the next lightest white. Then the Oyster. Some of these colors are not stocked and require longer wait and higher price for custom order so that might help you decide after you speak to your supplier. I got my paper color chart from Gold Coast Marine and they also gave me contact numbers for an Alexseal tech support agent who gave some help on application.