Head plumbing

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
Tim Mertinooke
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

Ceasar Choppy wrote:I'll bet its coming from your vent hose... has your tank been full or overfull

I didn't check the vent, it may well be that. I plan to replace the vent hose the next time I head over to the boat anyway. Hopefully that's it. The tank right now is completely clean, but there were some surprises left in there for me to find. I think the holding tank and hoses will definitely get replaced all together next winter.

I also need to organize the rat's nest of hoses down there as you can see. Plus I need to test the macerator pump and potable water pump. I'm not counting on either of them to work, but it would be nice for this year to have both. In the future I plan to go manual with the pumps anyway.
Fuji 32 Ketch "Excalibur"
Ceasar Choppy
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Ceasar Choppy »

bcooke wrote:
Is that a vented loop venting into the cabin I see????
Ummm... where else can a vented loop vent into?

One thing I was going to try since I also have a vented loop in my plumbing 'closet' is a hose stuck over the end of the vent fitting and run to a thru cabin fitting.
Exactly! You might think about t-ing into the vent line or adding another TH for the loop vent. I eliminated a vented loop here because the only time the seacock is open is if I am pumping the TANK out. That and I needed to install the pump after the loop. If it had a vent, my pump wouldn't get any suction.