Help me ID this boat

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
hebert01
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: Allegra
Boat Type: Pearson Ensign

Help me ID this boat

Post by hebert01 »

Can someone please help me ID this boat? Apologies for the poorly composed photo, but this was taken with my cellphone while driving (which I don't usually endorse, but the subject presented itself while I was on a way to a meeting).

She sure has a pretty hull shape.

Thanks

Ed

Ed Hebert
ALLEGRA - Ensign #998
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

The flare and hollow at the bow, along with some of the other cues, suggest that she is a Bristol 29.

Here's a shot of another B-29 from a similar angle for comparison.

---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
jpmathieu
Boat Name: Twize
Boat Type: Pearson Renegade

Post by jpmathieu »

MAYBE A BRISTOL 32
JP
Renegade #153 TWIZE

It never ends!
hebert01

Post by hebert01 »

Thank you both for your suggestions. It does appear similar to both of those models...

I got caught up in trying to ID the boat by the cove stripe markings, which has a pronounced open "V" shaped arrowhead at the bow (which is barely visible in my terrible photo), and sort of a feathered shape at the stern. The stripe is a little different from the Bristol boats I know, which got me scratching my head.

Based on the Good Old Boat page of Cove Stripes, the stern marking is somewhat similar to the picture they showed for Bristols (but no break in the line), but the one on the bow appears much different.

Not sure how much credence to put in the cove stripe photos, though, as different models of Bristols seem to have different markings. I bet it is a Bristol of some kind or other.

Thanks again...
Ed Hebert
ALLEGRA - Ensign #998
jpmathieu
Boat Name: Twize
Boat Type: Pearson Renegade

Post by jpmathieu »

I just realized where that boat is. I drive by it several times a day.

A for sale sign just went up a couple of days ago on it. Now I think I was a few feet off. That boat has been stored in that yard during the winter for several years. I will keep with my guess that its a Bristol but I think that boat is about 27 footer.

If anyone is interested I will get the owner's phone number off the for sale sign.
JP
Renegade #153 TWIZE

It never ends!
hebert01

Post by hebert01 »

JP-

Just noticed your address! Yeah, I also drive by it twice a day (on North St just N of Rt. 6). Just noticed the "for sale" sign the other day, but I didn't see a phone number on it. I was guessing it to be a Bristol 30, but it may be smaller. I may take a a spin over there and introduce myself on the weekend. Not really in the market, but at this point I'm curious to take a peek.

Thanks
Ed Hebert
ALLEGRA - Ensign #998
Summersdawn
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Summersdawn »

hebert01 wrote:Not really in the market, but at this point I'm curious to take a peek.
Famous last words ;-)
Rick
Summer's Dawn
24 San Juan #380