Windrose

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
windrose
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Windrose

Post by windrose »

Here is a link to my boat's photo album. It documents the project from the very beginning when she came down the street on the transport truck.

Launch day is scheduled for June 13.... tick, tock.

250# mushroom set and waiting for her in West River.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.j ... 6935182194
jhenson

Post by jhenson »

I very much enjoyed your slide show! Thanks for sharing the photos. I can really appreciate how much work was involved to get to where you are right now. The boat looks great!

I hope we get to see some completed photos of the boat on launch day. It would be great even to see it on the bay some day. Alas, I won't be sailing mine for some time yet.

Joe

P.S. I sent you a private message about the Loran C
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Nice work! Thanks for the photos!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

...and beadboard veneering the interior partitions gets bumped even higher on my list.

Great album.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Chainplates, etc.

Post by Rachel »

That was a great slide-show. Thanks.

I'd love to know how you engineered/fabricated the chainplate anchors in the cabin with your new rig (and is that taller than the old one or does it just look that way...).

Also, just curious what you used to make the base(s) for your mast step - something like Starboard?

--- Rachel
windrose

Post by windrose »

Thanks Gang for the kind words, there is still a very long way to go. I am burning my candle at both ends... YAHOO! (and the weather just won't co-operate, raining and 60's).

Rachel, if you look at photo 38, 39 you can see the old chain plates out on the toe rail and the new beefy chainplates in closer to the coach roof. They are thru bolted through the bulkhead of the v berth down 18" or so, chainplates/hardware all stainless. I tore out the shelves in the wet locker and also exposed the chainplate on the port side, I like to be able to see things easily. I'll take a photo for you, I might learn to post them yet. HA!

Photo 121 shows how the rig is attached to the new chainplates. The rig is a double spreader, mast head rig. You get a pretty good shot of the rig in photo 100, 101, 102.

Yes the mast step base is a single layer of starboard, I thought I would need 2 layers but one layer worked out great, even better. Also cutting the backing plates for much of the hardware out of it.