Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
gonesail
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by gonesail »

i found this forum thru Tim's Glissando website and enjoy reading about working on older boats. i purchased a 1988 caliber 33 last year and consider it a good old boat. maybe not as old as the classics here but old enough for insurance companies to deny coverage due to age.

my boat has a lot of good features .. like an all wood interior and modified full keel with skeg rudder. the gel coat is still workable and no core problems yet. but there are lots of things to be done and that's why I am here to absorb some of the knowledge to be able to do the work myself.

keep up the good work.
Alan
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

It's pretty scary when 1988 is considered too old to insure...I still consider boats from the 80s to be wet behind the ears!

Welcome, and feel free to post some photos of your pride and joy... (hint hint)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
gonesail
Bottom Sanding Grunt

foggy morning in north florida

Post by gonesail »

Ceasar Choppy
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Ceasar Choppy »

Welcome gonesail!

A friend of mine owns a Caliber 33. Among the things he likes about it is that its really a Caliber 35' without the sugarscoop stern. :) Certainly nice and roomy inside. There is plenty here that is applicable to your boat as well-- even if it is a baby. lol.
gonesail
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by gonesail »

thanks choppy. i have enjoyed working on the caliber 33 but have not been sailing her enough. actually i started out looking for a full keel classic like the seasprite 34 and morgan 34 ... but alas could not find one that suited me. i previously owned a caliber 28 sailboat and always admired the 33 model.
Ceasar Choppy
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Ceasar Choppy »

gonesail wrote:thanks choppy. i have enjoyed working on the caliber 33 but have not been sailing her enough. actually i started out looking for a full keel classic like the seasprite 34 and morgan 34 ... but alas could not find one that suited me. i previously owned a caliber 28 sailboat and always admired the 33 model.
Funny. that's exactly what my friend did...