For the Sea Sprite fans

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

For the Sea Sprite fans

Post by Figment »

now THAT is a spinnaker!!

on craigslist
LazyGuy
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Paper Moon
Boat Type: Luders 33 (Allied Boat Co.)

Re: For the Sea Sprite fans

Post by LazyGuy »

Double post. See below
Last edited by LazyGuy on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Dennis
Luders 33 "Paper Moon" Hull No 16

Life is too short to own an ugly boat.
LazyGuy

Post by LazyGuy »

Dude, that is like AWESOME. The boat also appears to be in great shape. Wonder if it is Lud's. No idea who will be handling that. I will take a look on CL.

Don't suppose we will be seeing you for OS.

Nope, it is not Lud's it is located in the midwest. Also, I have to hand it to him, flying a chute single handed.
Cheers

Dennis

Figment

Post by Figment »

oh, come now, that chute is barely keeping itself inflated in that whiff of a breeze. Besides, it looks half the size of the dolphin chute and we've both flown that one with a line in each hand!

No, not on OS this year, taking eric fishing in VT instead. An annual tournament I used to do every year before I started doing OS. Also conflicts with my club's big party day. There's something about the 2nd weekend of June, everyone wants to do everything.
LazyGuy

Post by LazyGuy »

Fig,

It is not the flying of the chute. I agree it is light air but getting it up and getting it down are what I can't wrap my head around. Of course he is not doing it at a mark rounding with 856 other boats crying for room screaming overlap from 6 boat lengths back either. Love to watch him do a jibe.

Sorry you are not on OS and probably will not be again... At least not for spring OS (there is always fall to Greenport) NS-3 is a bit less exciting too but it cuts way down on the sound similar to nails on a chalk board which emanates from the area of the companionway.

BTW, I know you just got rid of Figment but I have to let you know that Anne Wilkinson wants to dump Cerina. The only thing left to do (yeah, I know, ONLY) is the decks. She is done down below and mechanically, since Donzo worked for Lewmar, the hardware is top notch. LeComte Medalist. And it is powered by your favorite chunk of radioactive steel - Atomic-4.

I think she is considering ALL offers.
Cheers

Dennis

Figment

Post by Figment »

With a fractional rig the chute can hide quite easily behind the main.
Blow 8' or so of the halyard.
Gather the foot of the sail to the companionway.
blow the rest of the halyard and stuff it down.

Gybing is basically a dowse and re-set.

Sirena.... yes, the last time I talked to Donzo he was thinking of buying my stimson shed so he could do the decks.
A couple of months ago the news that Sirena was available at a discount would have been some VERY dangerous information. Fortunately, I've already re-boated. Old 22' Mako.
I was hoping to be able to buzz out and annoy everyone at the OS starting line, but it's in the motorshop.