Pearson Lark #45 (Serene Spirit)

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
cjh45
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Pearson Lark #45 (Serene Spirit)

Post by cjh45 »

I bought this boat off the internet almost sight unseen except for the photos that were on the website- a giant leap of faith to say the least. She was built in 1968. She had been on the hard for the previous 4 years but thankfully the owners had looked after her and covered her well so that the harsh winters of the Great White North had minimal effect. All in all a great purchase- I am just thrilled with this boat. She is a real lady and very forgiving which makes the crew confident and thankful. She sails well and is quite dry. It is a real joy to be out on the water in such a classic.

[url=http://imageshack.us]Image

P.S. She still has some renovation and additions to go.[/img]
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

cjh45 wrote:It is a real joy to be out on the water in such a classic.
And you have the added mystique of having a very unique boat, of which there are not many. Looks good!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
cjh45
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by cjh45 »

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention that I acquired Serene Spirit in the Fall of 2003. I also have most of the blueprints from the Pearson factory(they help a lot!). So Far I have replaced the mainsheet traveller, varoius blocks, and the halyards and sheets. I had a new genoa made at our local sail loft. I have sanded and painted the hull and deck with Interlux polyurethane. Added new batteries and a GPS unit and solar panel. This year I plan to refurbish the interior with paint, new wood and new cushions. I have also bought a new motor(Nissan 9.8 with electric start). I am replacing all the tube buckles with bronze open turnbuckles-they look so much better.
If the sailing gods are kind this season I can start doing this stuff the middle of March. Again thanks for the kind words.
MQMurphy
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Ikey Boy
Boat Type: Paceship Westwind 24

Post by MQMurphy »

Hi there - looks great. What can you tell us about her? LOA, BEAM, displacement, keel or CB?
- Mike Murphy
S/V Ikey Boy
1968 Westwind 24
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Nice deck space on that boat--wide and uncluttered. There's something to be said for that raised deck design. I bet she's roomy inside for her size, too.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
cjh45
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Lark Specs

Post by cjh45 »

The flush deck is one of the reasons for wanting the Lark. I can tell you with a great degree of certainty that having an uncluttered deck makes life a lot easier to reef or change sails in rough weather. Also, provides a nice area for those who wish to sunbathe or watch life go by.
There is a fair amount of room below but head room is at a premium(5').
LOA 24 ft.
LWL 18.5 ft.
Beam 8 ft.
Draught 4 ft. keel(similar in shape to the Triton)

Displacement 4600 lb.
Ballast 1800 lb.

Sail Area 312 sq.ft.: Main- 173 sq.ft.; Jib(100%)- 139 sq.ft.
Genoa(139.5%)- 194 sq.ft. custom
I=29.3
J=9.5
P=31.0
E=11.2

Built in 1968 Bristol Rhode Island #45- only 67 built