Rail Down and honking up wind.

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Noah
Skilled Systems Installer

Rail Down and honking up wind.

Post by Noah »

Yeah, I know that the genoa halyard is a bit slack...

I want a shop!
Invitation
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Invitation »

Beautiful boat !!!! What is she?
Noah

Post by Noah »

She is a 1953 36' Hinckley Sloop. You can see more at my website:

http://www.morebutter.com/hinckley/

It was a great weekend of sailing here on Lake Champlain. Saturday the wind got up into the mid 20's, so it was exciting, but still fun. This shot was taken in about 14-16 knots with the genoa up and doing close to 7 knots.

Noah
I want a shop!
Invitation
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Invitation »

Well that expains everything. Damn those Hinckley's, they make everything else look almost bad. Congratulations on your boat, sorry to see that you are selling her - must be a tough decision. I checked out your website and she is truly a beautiful boat inside and out.
Invitation
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Invitation »

Noah,

I come to Burlington every now and then to visit my brother in law. Next time if you still own her, can I arrang to come by and see her?
George ( C&C 40 )

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Beautiful Boat! Sorry to see you are selling her. She'll make someone very happy though.

George
A30_John
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by A30_John »

Lovely boat. It would look right at home here in Maine.

Noah, I noticed in one of your photos an electrical panel made by a company called Marinetics. That panel is just what I'm looking for.

I found references to the company on the Web, but no Web site. Do you know if they are still in business?
John
Noah

Post by Noah »

Thanks for the comments everyone. Lots of hard work, but a few good days makes it all worthwhile.

The reason I'm selling is that I just don't need a boat this large. We don't go cruising enough to justify 37ft of boat. It's expensive...

"Invitation," next time you are going to come up to Burlington give me a shout. My email address is in my profile. If we are around I would love to go for a sail.

"A30_John" I really don't know anything about the panel, as it was in the boat when I got her. It's still in good shape, and I have made a few changes, etc but other than that I haven't thought about it much. There isn't any documentation on the boat about the panel.

Noah
I want a shop!
A30_John

Post by A30_John »

Thanks Noah. I'll dig further. Nice boat..!
John
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

John,

I have a Marinetics panel in my boat. I got the panel through Jack Rabbit Marine as part of a package (back in 2000). For some reason, I have a thought dangling about that Marinetics was no longer in production, but who knows. You might check with JRM in any case.

www.jackrabbitmarine.com
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
A30_John

Post by A30_John »

Thanks Tim, I called and the Marinetics panels are no longer made. It seems that Blue Sea Systems are currently the folks to look at.
John