Honi Hanta - Triton

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
RobA

Honi Hanta - Triton

Post by RobA »

I am having trouble extracing the photos from the .doc file with out losing quality. But here is a look with some distorted colors.

Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Wow! That boat is loaded with gear. Throw a boom on that wind generator mast and you've got yourself a yawl rig.

Interesting aside: all that heavy duty cruising gear, yet no stern pulpit or continuation of the lifelines around the cockpit.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
RobA

Odd stuff

Post by RobA »

Lots of odd stuff for sure. It makes it even harder for a person who doesnt know a lot about boats to figure out whats right and whats not.

The days are counting down and I'm exciting about my new lifestyle, I just hope I haven't bitten off more then I can chew.

That contraption on the stern has solar panel and engine lift etc strapped to it. Most of the the stuff was removed for storage, the guy I bought it from said he was not going to put the wind generator back up because he thought it created too much weight aloft.

If the new diesel install proves solid then I can remove the aux. outboard and won't need the lift sytem. That being said, I can decide if i want / need the wind generator remount or remove it. That would free up a lot of weight and clutter on the back.

Any idea why he built that contraption over the dodger? That could be easily removed, but I'm not sure if he was covering it to keep cockpit more dry, or hand holds or what...

Also sorry that i didn't get the photo cropped enough to eliminate the need to scroll (

Rob
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Hey, I'll bet you bought that boat from Alex K., didn't you?

I'm going to take a guess and say that contraption over the dodger would be for a solar panel (that would get shaded a lot - ask me how I know), or ... a fish drying rack? ;-)

I'd love to see some photos of the inside half of that chain-plate install. I have a fondness for externally mounted chainplates, especially in bronze.

Great looking boat!

Oh, I don't know how much the PO told you, but from what I understand he bought it pretty much outfitted as it is off of e-Bay. Hoped he could re-build the A-4, but it proved to be unworkable so he put in the diesel.

Is that a liferaft under the dinghy on the seahood?

You're going to have some fun :-)

--- Rachel
RobA

Chain Plates

Post by RobA »

Again, when i extract from word, the color must go down to 256 or something, so they are wierd looking.

I'll get new photos soon enough

Under the dingy is called the "custom hatch cover" . It looks ok actually, I'm assuming a previous owner had problems with water in the companion way *shrug*

I did buy it from Alex K. The engine he tried to work on was also a Universal diesel that got back flooded , or so he said. I know this because i sold the remains to a guy in WI.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Thanks for the chainplate photos, Rob.

I guess I remembered the engine info. incorrectly. My mistake, and I should have looked back in my notes.

--- Rachel
TritonSean
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Jenny Marie, #308
Boat Type: 1963 Pearson Triton

Re: Honi Hanta - Triton

Post by TritonSean »

I now own this boat in Halifax, Nova Scotia

no idea what the hull number is though.....

Sean