Quick Nautic BX or B3 Water Heaters

This is the place for information on the important systems on your boat, including sails, rigging, engines (if applicable), and other systems.
dougcn
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Quick Nautic BX or B3 Water Heaters

Post by dougcn »

Has anyone had any experience with the Quick Nautic BX or B3 series water heaters? Aside from the Isotemp Slim 25, the Quick Nautic B3 and BX are both the only stainless tank water heaters that will fit into the space I'm working with (Plenty of space actually, but the hatch is 13-5/8", which is quite limiting).

I've seen nothing but good things about the Isotemp serioes, but the Quick Nautic is about 1/2 -2/3 the price. Both brands are 316 stainless and of similar construction, so the Quick Nautic looks appealing.

Any experiences with either?

Thanks
Doug
Doug

dougcn
Pearson 386
Ceasar Choppy
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Re: Quick Nautic BX or B3 Water Heaters

Post by Ceasar Choppy »

I too had your dilemma last year when I had to replace the water heater on my Pearson 39. Although I really liked the idea of the isotherm, I couldn't justify the price for the one that would easily fit into the square space left by the old Seaward heater. I even had a cylindrical isotherm that I could have had for almost nothing... but I ended up with the Quick... I think it was the BX... because it was simply a matter of dropping it in the same space.

I've only had it a year, but have been very pleased with it.