Hull Identification Number ???

This is the place for information specifically regarding the Pearson Triton.
Kiwiwandering
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Kinohi
Boat Type: Triton 28 Hull# 533

Hull Identification Number ???

Post by Kiwiwandering »

So my marine board wants to know the hull identification number on my boat. Is there such a thing for this vintage of Boat? If so where is it normally located? All my other boats had it on the transom starboard side at the top near the Cap rail.
Neil
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Re: Hull Identification Number ???

Post by atomvoyager »

It doesn't have one because it was built before that scheme was adopted. You can check on the Triton Facebook group to see what others are doing or just tell the local registration office it is an older boat that doesn't have anything beyond the hull number and whatever numbers were on the registration you got from the previous owner. I'm assuming he had only state registration. If he had the optional USCG documentation then they would have assigned him a number for the boat. Is it an east coast built Triton and what state are you located?
Kiwiwandering
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Kinohi
Boat Type: Triton 28 Hull# 533

Re: Hull Identification Number ???

Post by Kiwiwandering »

I’m in Oregon. They are a bit picky. I have sent him a copy of the last owners registration and hopefully that will work. They are a little fixated on the new scheme for our identification numbers. Basically the identification number is number 533😃
Neil