Looking at a Triton

This is the place for information specifically regarding the Pearson Triton.
tench745
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Looking at a Triton

Post by tench745 »

Hello all. I'm a new member to this forum. I've recently been looking to buy a Triton But I'm not sure it's the boat for me. Yet. I was wondering if there are any Triton owners in the Syracuse or Albany area, and if they would let me ride with them sometime. I don't mean to be pushy, but I do want to know what I'm getting into. Thanks either way.
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by jollyboat »

Hello Tench,
I live in Norwalk, CT -which is about 100 miles from you - and would be glad to show you around 466. I am in the middle of a refit so the boat is in a state of being "apart" but still able to sail and motor. I can only assume the volumes of on-line information that is available is one reason for your interest - which is a testiment to these boats in itself. My first "real sailboat" was a Triton and I like Tritons so much that my second sail boat is also a Triton. In my opinion, Tritons offer their caretakers a wide platform to work from in attaining their sailing ambitions, from inshore, coastal cruising and even blue water sailing. Tritons are recognized as very capable vessels. Tritons are inexpensive to purchase and, in the greater scheme of yachting, can be managed within an approachable budget. A annual budget of $1500 - $3000 would cover most yearly expenses if the boat is purchased in "turn key" condition. Let me know if you would like to see the boat.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
The Good Goose
Skilled Systems Installer

sailing a Triton

Post by The Good Goose »

I am on lake champlain near burlington Vt. My triton is currently for sale I would be happy to take you out and let you sail it. It is in good shape so you can get an idea of the difference between a redone/restored boat vs an original. PM me if interested no need to be interested in my particular boat. I like going sailing on it.

Brock
tench745
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by tench745 »

I appreciate the offers, and would like to take you up on them, but I am currently without transportation. From what I have learned, I cannot afford to own a Triton at this point in my life. I've only got about $1500 left after buying school books this year. So, I'm looking more into fin-keeled boats like the Pearson 26, and Hunter 27 as they're usually less expensive. I suspect it will be almost a year before I can realistically afford anything anyways. Still, the Triton is my dream boat, that or the Contessa 26.
www.seastepping.blogspot.com
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowline. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain