bumrush the forum

This is the place for information specifically regarding the Pearson Triton.
Robert The Gray
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

bumrush the forum

Post by Robert The Gray »

It is to my great regret that I will be unable to attend the party and open house in Maine on the 17th. To sit and listen to the wisdom and story while sipping a malted beverage would be a fine time indeed. I would suppose that many across the world feel this way as well.

I would like to emphasize the mild and off hand way that I propose this but.....what if all those that are outside of the range of reasonable travel could log on Saturday afternoon in solidarity with the NETA members. I keep noticing that on Sunday November 13, 2005 at 6:43 pm there were 94 users on line at the same time. I feel we can better this mark. An idea would be for the attendees of the festivities to take some kind of group photo and then Tim could quickly post it and we could all sign on to see the assembled suspects, I mean craftsmen. I was thinking around 4pm forum time. Did I mention the mildness of this proposal and the excessive ingratiating sheepishness with which I propose it?

Anyway............I would love to see a group photo with captions at some point. A photo of members, guests, wives, partners, kiddies, dogs, including the boat barn in the background etc. would be snap happy for sure. This is, of course, your party and I do not want to have the posting and the photo taking to interrupt or crimp the fun.

r
Former Owner: Whisper, now Alma 1960 WC Triton
Whisper Projects
Daysailfilms
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Robert The Gray wrote:I would love to see a group photo with captions at some point.
I'm sure that this, at a minimum, can be arranged.
Robert The Gray wrote:I keep noticing that on Sunday November 13, 2005 at 6:43 pm there were 94 users on line at the same time.
Yes, that was a particularly heavy day for Internet bots...

I don't even think there are 94 users who check in regularly!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Nice idea, Robert!

I, too, would love to be up in Maine, hobnobbing with the denizens. Wouldn't you know they schedule it for just *after* I start a real job, and therefore can't make it. Total coincidence, I think...

My Internet access is a bit unpredictable, currently, but I'll try to be here :-)

--- Rachel
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

I just started a new job and I got the day off. Of course I had to resort to tears but hey!, whatever works.

I am okay with the group photo but I am concerned about the request to show the boat barn in the background. Maybe I just don't get it but I think that means that the subjects will have to remain outside of said barn while the photo is being taken.

The barn is in Maine and Maine is cold. I think a group photo of everyone in tee shirts in front of a window with snow outside is a much better idea.

Maybe it is about time we set up that webcam? How about one of those $20 thingies that sit over the computer monitor? Who do we know that is good with all that internet/computer stuff that might be at the gathering?...

-Britton
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

Speaking of tee shirts... A silk screened tee shirt depicting the event would be a pretty nice momento...
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

NOT IT!!

(typed with right hand only, left index finger on nose)
Robert The Gray
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by Robert The Gray »

Good ideas all.
I guess it may be doubtful about beating the log
I am a provincial idiot, of course its cold there, and you all have deadly cold not like our charmingly brisk cold. oops. sorry
I was trying to get in on the fun

r
Former Owner: Whisper, now Alma 1960 WC Triton
Whisper Projects
Daysailfilms
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

bcooke wrote:Speaking of tee shirts... A silk screened tee shirt depicting the event would be a pretty nice momento...
That'll be nice, Britton. I look forward to getting mine when you send it to me.

XL, Beefy-T or similar quality all-cotton, please.
Rachel wrote:Wouldn't you know they schedule it for just *after* I start a real job, and therefore can't make it.
A truly dedicated person would have held off starting the new job till after the meeting. Or begged the day off, like Britton.

I'm picturing Britton at work blubbering like Richard Gere in Officer and a Gentleman: "But I got no place else to go..."
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
dasein668
Boateg
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668

Post by dasein668 »

Tim wrote:I'm picturing Britton at work blubbering like Richard Gere in Officer and a Gentleman: "But I got no place else to go..."
Gee thanks, Tim. I was expressely trying not to have that mental image. Now my morning is ruined! hehe
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Tim wrote:A truly dedicated person would have held off starting the new job till after the meeting. Or begged the day off, like Britton.
But don't forget, I've got a new bow to feed...

(Actually, I think you posted about the meeting the day after I set my start date. Sigh. I would surely have held off. Priorities, after all.)