Richmond / Central Virginia forum members

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
radicalcy
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: AllAboutMe
Boat Type: Columbia 8.7

Re: Richmond / Get together/sailing plans

Post by radicalcy »

Bill,
Any progress on the 8.3 move?
And to the group in general, any interest in getting together for another attempt at some quality male bonding? I'm open for any dates except June 18 to 26. I'll be cruising the Bay. Anyone else planning to be out that week? I'm hoping to head out to Tangier, then Onancock or Crisfield, or failing that, Cape Charles. then Hampton, Norfolk.
Pipe in anytime if you have interest in any of the above.
Larry
Larry Wilson
Columbia 8.7
Columbia Sabre
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Re: Richmond / Get together/sailing plans

Post by ILikeRust »

radicalcy wrote:Bill,
Any progress on the 8.3 move?
See my last post above, re: "SEP".

I can report that after they completed their ASA101 sailing class, and getting some suggestions from the instructor about getting the Atomic 4 running (in addition to my suggestions) they decided to give it a go themselves. Turned out he still couldn't get the engine to run, so he finally acknoweldged that he needs to get the boatyard mechanic to take a look at it. I cautioned him against letting the mechanic tell him he needs a new engine, because that's typically what they'll do these days - most of them apparently don't want to bother messing around with a 30 year-old gasoline engine and would rather have you pay $10,000 for them to install a new diesel.

Dunno what the current status is, but last I knew, it was in a slip. I hope it doesn't have any leaky through-hulls, because it has no working bilge pump that I could find.
radicalcy wrote:And to the group in general, any interest in getting together for another attempt at some quality male bonding? I'm open for any dates except June 18 to 26. I'll be cruising the Bay. Anyone else planning to be out that week? I'm hoping to head out to Tangier, then Onancock or Crisfield, or failing that, Cape Charles. then Hampton, Norfolk.
Pipe in anytime if you have interest in any of the above.
Larry
I'm in Los Angeles for business. I've been here just coming up on a week and have a week and a half yet to go. I will be flying home on the 17th, so y'all will have to get together without me this time, much as I would love to participate. Sounds like a great cruise, though! One that I dearly would love to do myself.

On a happier note, I did get to go sailing in the Pacific Ocean out of Los Angeles harbor on Saturday. I met up with two guys from the Moyer Atomic 4 forum - great guys. One owns what is almost certainly the nicest 1977 Catalina 30 you'll ever find, anywhere. In fact, it's probably the nicest Catalina 30 over 10 years old you'll find anywhere. Unless you really know your Catalina 30s (I don't), you'd never guess it was a 1977. He's done a ton of work on it and holds himself to a very high standard. It is a very nice boat and we had great weather. We saw lots of dolphins and sea lions, several big container ships, the Goodyear blimp flew right over us twice, and a couple old airplanes did some aerobatics right over us. And we had a neat view of Catalina Island, 19 miles away.

We'll have to have a get-together of the Greater Richmond Area Plastic Classic Sailing Society (GRAPCSS) again later this year.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Ric in Richmond
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Andiamo
Boat Type: Alberg 35

Re: Richmond / Central Virginia forum members

Post by Ric in Richmond »

Sounds good to me!!!!

Ric
Ric Bergstrom

http://andiamoadventures.blogspot.com/

Archived old blog:

http://andiamo35.blogspot.com/