Nantucket

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Nantucket

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Hooeee! It's blowin' to beat the band here on Nantucket. We came out from Hyannis by Fast Ferry, an aluminum catamaran. Remarkably comfortable. The state-owned Steamship Line folded their operations for today due to the wind.

The Brass Lantern B&B is swaying in the wind. Supposed to be gusting to 60mph. We're on the third floor and my wine is my seismograph.
Hulukupu
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Mahana

Re: Nantucket

Post by Hulukupu »

I love storms. It sounds like great fun!
Tom Young
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Tom Young »

I believe they lost power on Nantucket some time yesterday. I thought of Doug then.
KITTIEanME
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Greybeard
Boat Type: 1970 Kittiwake 23

Post by KITTIEanME »

I,am sitting here in Southeast Virginia with a full gale blowing since Christmas night, 18" inches of snow, in an area that closes down when 2" of snow & 25-35 kts of wind closes the Bay bridge a lot of times. Watched Green Bay playing football at home in good weather. Somethings not right, the world is upside down or something,now part of the tarp over the boat just collapsed, I don,t deserve this! I,ve been good all year,I think?

Help,cabin fever,cabin fever! TOM
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Nearly 4pm Monday, starting to clear. Still gusty but the B&B is no longer shaking. Two boats ashore in the harbor, one an engineless trawler liveaboard which is also full of water, the other a 30ish foot plastic, but not classic, sloop. Lots of shingles in the streets. Some minor flooding. Ferries are not running, yet. No power loss here in town, but I hear there's more damage to trees and wires in Hyannis.
sscoll
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Medora Jane
Boat Type: Pearson Triton #532 E.C.

Post by sscoll »

We've already had our share thanks and sent it on to you. Green Bay plays in any kind of weather, something to do with cheese, beer and bratwursts, that and a fair amount of brain damage.

Steve