Rhodes Meridian 112 - Hi and thanks

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Jeremy
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Windrift
Boat Type: Seafarer (Rhodes) Meridian

Rhodes Meridian 112 - Hi and thanks

Post by Jeremy »

After I posted a brief reply to Brodie's Marlin listing, I got a message and warm welcome from Rachel, a fellow Meridian owner. She pointed out that my message to Brodie was my first post since becoming a member in July. So I figured, it's time to stop lurking and introduce myself. I grew up sailing a plastic Herreshoff 12 1/2 that I haven't been responsible for maintaining. My only refit has been of a 6 1/2 foot dinghy!

But, with dreams of cruising, and being a sucker for a nice hull, I bought my Rhodes Meridian from a Craigslist poster this past spring. It's got its issues, but it's a wonderful boat. I've had a great season of sailing and am looking forward to tinkering with winter projects. I've got much to learn, and little to teach (probably why I haven't posted until now), but I've very much enjoyed reading the postings here. Many thanks to you all. Hopefully I can contribute something useful along the way.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Rhodes Meridian 112 - Hi and thanks

Post by Rachel »

Hi Jeremy,

I should just note that I am a Meridian fan, but I don't own one currently. In any case, I do love them :)

Glad to have you posting,

Rachel

Edited to add: I don't know if you have noticed any of Charlie J's posts here, but he and his wife, Laura, rebuilt a Meridian from a state of complete toast, and they have now been out cruising on her for over a year. Texas-->Florida-->Bahamas-->Florida-->North Carolina. They're attending to some obligations now, but will be back aboard in March and off cruising again.

Charlie has not posted lately, but I think he has some photos of his boat in some of his older posts. They did a really nice job on her. (Hmm, looks like non of them are viewable. Since he has posted them many times on public forums, I will see if I can re-post a couple for you.)
Jeremy
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Windrift
Boat Type: Seafarer (Rhodes) Meridian

Re: Rhodes Meridian 112 - Hi and thanks

Post by Jeremy »

Thanks, Rachel. I have been in touch with Charlie and Laura. Great folks, and agree they did an amazing job on Tehani!