Flight Over the Oil Spill Video

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
avd155

Flight Over the Oil Spill Video

Post by avd155 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ <-- Horribly sad video. From the video description: A flight over the BP Slick Source where I saw at least 100 Dolphins in the oil, some dying. I also photographed a Sperm Whale covered in oil all around it's blow hole.

Incredible that this hasn't been going on for so many days. How can we trust big corporations, focused on profits, to care about our Earth?
margitchris
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Name: Moonshadow
Boat Type: Seafarer 31 yawl

Re: Flight Over the Oil Spill Video

Post by margitchris »

As I work on my boat's restoration, occasionally the sobering thought crosses my mind that, once finished, all it would take would be one bad storm to completely negate all my efforts. Then there is the question that once I do finish and am ready to put the boat back in the water, will I be able to find a slip I can afford or will all the marinas be sold over to gentrification of the forgotten coast? Now, because of the spill, I wonder if there is a point to continuing at all.
I will continue, but I know full well that there is at least some chance that my boat will never make it back to the water while I'm still healthy enough to enjoy it.
Chris Miller
Lloyd, Florida
cantstopnow
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Ariadne
Boat Type: Morgan M34

Re: Flight Over the Oil Spill Video

Post by cantstopnow »

very sad and disturbing..... our great technological advances do come with some costs...not the end of the world but very unfortunate...
not in the mood to rant but I did share this on Face Book.
Today is a great day to Go Sailing
1966 Morgan M34 K/CB
1965 Pearson Commander
1977 kells 28
1973 Paceship PY23
1971 Compac CP 16