Hirilondë moves to Wickford

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Hirilondë moves to Wickford

Post by Hirilondë »

As of about to launch date I am still unemployed so my perk of a free slip no longer exists. I will therefore be moving my boat to Wickford for the summer. I have a mooring in Mill Cove, the inner harbor for this summer. Not sure where I will go this winter, home to my yard if I have to. Anyway, if you are in this area feel free to stop by if you see me. I figure if I won't be working I should sail a lot.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Re: Hirilondë moves to Wickford

Post by bcooke »

I was unemployed for eight months until just a few months ago. Tough times.

Got lots of work done on the boat though and I still have the credit card debt to prove it.

Sailing is probably a better plan. Sailing is cheap compared to ordering massive quantities of supplies online. I would suggest a few months cruising the Maine coast.

On the other hand, people saw me working every day and started approaching me about their own projects. That's why I now have a full time job, a boat to launch in a month and another project that I have been milking along for a couple of months. I don't have days off any more.

I would think you could find plenty of cash work to get you through for a summer. Mind numbing, timecard punching, 'real work' is for the winter months anyway.

Take the lemons and savor the lemonade.
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
Brodie
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Starry Night
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 30

Post by Brodie »

I kayak in Wickford frequently, and usually launch from the Wilson Park boat ramp. If you see a sleek looking fiberglass kayak with a blue and yellow deck and a female paddler it's probably me. I'll keep an eye out for you. My Marlin is at East Ferry in Jamestown so I don't make it over to West passage too often.
rshowarth
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by rshowarth »

Dave-

I lived in East Greenwich for a bit many years ago. Wickford was always a draw for its beautiful town and harbor. In fact I am looking at a painting of Wickford Harbor right now.

Good luck with employment.

Enjoy your mooring!
Read

Catalina 27
O'Day Rhodes 19 Custodian