National Triton List

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
tikvah59
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Emily Hope
Boat Type: Nimble 30' yawl

National Triton List

Post by tikvah59 »

I tried, I truly tried.

I know there are those on this forum who once posted frequently on the Yahoo groups Triton list and have stopped that practice for various reasons. I thought it was worthwhile to read that list and contribute occasionally but now I'm officially done. If the people/person in charge of that list is unwilling to limit the discussion to topics that are at least somewhat related to renovating and sailing Tritons, I just don't have the time. I've got quite a bit of patience (I teach teenagers, after all!) but I have to draw the line at people cheerleading for one side or another of a Triton sale gone bad in Hawaii. Give me a break.

OK, rant over.

Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

What took you so long? :<)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

Yeah,

I check in now and then and scan for ownership changes or info for my database but I struggle to not to hit the 'Reply' button and write something I will regret later. (mostly successfully)

I get annoyed with Tim's draconian administrative practices here on this forum but it does keep it on topic and civil. :-) The Yahoo! list is basically un-moderated, full of bad information and bizzare opinions. It has become an outpost for a few clique-ish sideline characters.
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
tikvah59
Master Varnisher

Post by tikvah59 »

Tim wrote:What took you so long? :<)
I guess I'm an idealist . . . I was hanging on to the memory of what that listed USED to be like. Gee, I do sound old, don't I?

Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
tikvah59
Master Varnisher

Post by tikvah59 »

bcooke wrote:Yeah,

I check in now and then and scan for ownership changes or info for my database but I struggle to not to hit the 'Reply' button and write something I will regret later. (mostly successfully)
There seem to be several others on that list who don't have or don't exercise the ability to self-filter.
bcooke wrote: I get annoyed with Tim's draconian administrative practices here on this forum but it does keep it on topic and civil. :-) The Yahoo! list is basically un-moderated, full of bad information and bizzare opinions. It has become an outpost for a few clique-ish sideline characters.
I now realize that trying to sift through a free-for-all to find that one message worth reading/responding to is such a waste of time. I'll take a forum overseen by (a friendlier!) Draco versus a list ruled by anarchy.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here for giving me a place to vent! And to pick up some useful ideas as well.

Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
Tim

Post by Tim »

The iron fist of the Plastic Classic Forum.

Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

Sheeesh! There goes my image of Tim as the iron fist behind this place. I never would have thought he brought in outside help.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Tim

Post by Tim »

But that IS me.
Triton 185
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Type: O'day Mariner, Pearson Triton

Post by Triton 185 »

The iron fist of the Plastic Classic Forum.
Iron fist, but GRP mask!

I used to post on the yahoo Triton group, but don't remember the last time I did. Things change........
"The more you know, the less you need."
Yvon Chouinard