Interesting decor belowdecks

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Interesting decor belowdecks

Post by Rachel »

Good thing there's a "Ramblings" section, or I couldn't possible have justified posting this. I was just idly perusing e-Bay, because I'm too lazy to go home from work, when this boat caught my eye. According to the ad it's a Hungarian built Balaton Ganz "B-31."

Do prepare yourself for the world's longest paragraph if you want to read the description.

I just couldn't help remarking to myself when I saw this shot taken belowdecks. Because you just don't see "Z-brick," tiger, and leopard in the same saloon that often.

Actually, now that I note the sole, perhaps the bulkhead is a sort of "teak and holly" type wood but in a brick pattern? It still really makes me think of a family-room fireplace wall somehow, in a European way :D

Here's the listing, if anyone would like to take a look-see:

http://tinyurl.com/6cvqnv
Zach
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Zach »

Rachel,

I gotta say... You got a belly laugh out of me with the bricks. Sure does look that way!

After further study, all I could think of was Austin Powers... Saying... "Yeah baby, yeah!" If he had a boat...

Zach
1961 Pearson Triton
http://pylasteki.blogspot.com/
1942 Coast Guard Cutter - Rebuild
http://83footernoel.blogspot.com/
keelbolts
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by keelbolts »

Yup. All the comforts of home...
Celerity - 1970 Morgan 30

How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges in it?
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

you gotta be kidding me. They're STILL trying to ebay that thing????
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

By the way, does anyone know what that copper-looking thing is on the upper part of the forward/starboard bulkhead? It looks a bit like a folding sink, but of course you wouldn't put one there.

R.
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

I think that copper item is either a planter, or, more likely given the context, a water feature. You know, one of those water gardens with the rocks and little pump.

Nice looking hull but with the very best in powerboat, catamaran, or not to mention tomorrows' classic plastic Jenneau/DuFour/Delia/Beneteau styling.

There's a bunch of folks on this site who own Sawzalls, and pots of epoxy, and could fix it!
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Actually, I don't think it's Z-brick. I think it's veneer or printed plywood. It's used as hull liner and on the overhead. Not that it is any better that way except that it wouldn't dull the saw blades.

Yikes! Stripes!