saving the tritons

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Jollyboat
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

saving the tritons

Post by jollyboat »

there appears to be two Tritons in my area, Brooklyn and Connecticut that are in danger of being lost forever. From what I understand these boats have been neglected to the point where one is slated to be cut up and the other, if not purchased, will also have this same fate. I have sent emails to both of these lisitngs to find out more details and what might be available. I am not in a position to buy another project boat as both of these boats obviously are but I am in somewhat of a position to store them for a spell to postpone their destruction. If I am able to save one or both of these boats I will need help in finding a home for them. I hope that I will be succesfull and that I have your support.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
hesper
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by hesper »

Brian-

I don't know if I'm in the position of buying another boat either but free is maybe a different story.

Can you provide listings or other info?

Thanks

Jim
A30_John

Post by A30_John »

Maybe Rachel's interested...
John
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando

Post by Tim »

I think it's always worth attempting to save these old boats. It won't always be successful, but generally one can find a taker for a project boat for little or no cost. Usually, the current owner ends up against a wall, storage-wise, which leads to the unfortunate decision to scrap or otherwise dispose of some of these boats. The ability to move and continue storing the boats till a worthy owner comes along is a good thing, and something that I certainly support.

Please feel free to use this board to post details about these (or other) boats as you see fit.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
jollyboat
Boat Name: Jollyboat

Post by jollyboat »

Hespar, John & Tim - Thank you for your support on this issue - I have made contact with the boatkeeper that is in CT and plan on seeing the boat this Saturday (6th) to see what it is going to take to move the boat. The owner or person I have communitcated with, Gary, mentioned in his email to me that since his posting the classified add that he has had some responce but judging from the tone of his message the responses he has gotten are along the lines of - " if you are giving the boat away I will take it" This is pretty much where I am at too except that I already have a twenty thousand dollar project going on a eight thousand dollar boat. It is too bad when some folks would rather deny the pleasure of boating for someone else and loose the life of a boat just because the dollar amount wasn't met - that is nuts - spending unrecoopable money with boats is part of the deal - espcially project boats. I will keep you posted as to how this all ends up.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter