Good Bye (and good riddens) 2005

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Jason K
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Rambunctious
Boat Type: J/30

Good Bye (and good riddens) 2005

Post by Jason K »

Here's the last sunset of 2005:

I can't say I was too upset to see 2005 disappear below the horizon! As I left the boat for the evening, I knocked over an unlatched plastic box of miscellaneous nuts and washers - many of which went into the open engine compartment. It was a fitting last act for the year.

2006 started off with cleaning up the nuts and a big day of work for the boat. Stay tuned - some impressive photos of big progress will be following soon. I'm sailing the Triton - for the first time in a long time - next weekend!
- Jason King (formerly #218)
J/30 Rambunctious
http://www.rambunctiousracing.com
Allen
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by Allen »

2006 has started off well. Last night we finished off the conch fritters we had prepared on the 31st and had boat drinks on the balcony here in Dallas with the temperature in the mid 70s. We even meandered over to the pool and went wadding, although the water was a bit chilly, it wasn't a bad start to the year at all.

Jason, we hope you and your fellow NOLA'ers and your Triton have a much less exciting year in '06.

With luck, this will be my last full year of work and by this time next year I will be deep into planning my escape on Kaholee.

Happy New Year folks, may 2006 be your best year yet...
Allen
SV KAHOLEE
Triton #158

Click Here for Position

Matt B.
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Name: Firefly
Boat Type: Islander 28

Re: Good Bye (and good riddens) 2005

Post by Matt B. »

I heartily second the emotion. 2005 - the year that totally sucked.

On the other hand, 2006 started with excellent news - the broken ankle is sufficiently unbroken that I can go back to working on the boat!
Matt Beland
Islander 28 #256, SV Firefly
matt@rearviewmirror.org