Round Chain Pipe

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
inprin
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: əkwâr`ēəs
Boat Type: Taipan 28

Round Chain Pipe

Post by inprin »

Looking for a source for a bronze round large chain pipe. Something with an ID closer to 3". Everything I see is for rope only at 1" to 1-1/2" size. Just don't like the look of the oval that is available everywhere. It would seem that everybody that use to make them has discontinued them, ABI, etc. Any suggestions?
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Re: Round Chain Pipe

Post by ILikeRust »

Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Post by ILikeRust »

http://www.traditionalmarine.com/hardwa ... 0web_5.htm

The ones here have an I.D. of 3-1/2".
Last edited by ILikeRust on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Ideal Windlass has these:

http://www.idealwindlass.com/new_page_5.htm

ABI did leave a bit of a hole in the market when it comes to bronze... too bad.
inprin
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: əkwâr`ēəs
Boat Type: Taipan 28

Post by inprin »

Thanks all. Excellent suggestions. I thought I had checked Sailboat Stuff but I guess I missed it. I like the Ideal chain locker pipe and cover, just looks like it belongs on a 1969 classic plastic.
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

inprin wrote: I like the Ideal chain locker pipe and cover, just looks like it belongs on a 1969 classic plastic.
Probably because Ideal Windlass dates back to that era. ;) They were one of if not the first to offer powered windlasses to the yachting community.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

They have a really nice looking chain pawl too, for those going windlass-less (which is not to say that others might not want one as well).