Sources for electrical parts from Blue Seas and Ancor

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Ronin120
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Sources for electrical parts from Blue Seas and Ancor

Post by Ronin120 »

I've been following the LED/Fuses/Batteries/Marine Crimping threads with interest the past few months while I've been working up new wiring diagrams. I've been slow on the rebuild progress of my boat this last summer but am now fixed on finishing the lighting, new batteries, re-wiring and new distribution panel project(s) this winter.

After many revisions of my wiring diagram I'm pretty much ready to put in an order for battery cable, primary wire, connectors and lugs, fuses, busbars and terminal blocks and just about everything else associated with re-wiring. I've purchased an Ancor double-crimp tool to go with the single-crimp tool I've been using based on the excellent advice I've seen here.

I'm wondering if forum members have some ideas a single source for all of the above. I'd like to go with a single point-of-sale just to keep things simple. I tend to use Jamestown Distributors but have found that they'll substitute other items from the same manufacturer or even a different manufacturer in lieu of what I had in mind. Not a terribly big deal but I've spent some time on the design and would like to get the items I've figured will work the best.

I use Blue Sea Systems and Ancor products for the hardware items. Battery cable I'll make sure is a good grade but most likely won't be Ancor. That's a price point that is a bit to dear for me. I'll probably go with Pacer brand based on earlier forum recommendations.

Best
Dave
1982 C&C 37 - under reconstruction
1988 Mako 26 CC - don't laugh, it needs work too.
1970's vintage Snipe
1970 Islander 37 - sold
1968 Cal 25 - sold but still racing...

Wave Man
JonnyBoats
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by JonnyBoats »

I have had excellent service from Hamilton Marine http://www.hamiltonmarine.com/.
John Tarbox
S/V Altair, a LeComte NorthEast 38
http://www.boatmaine.us