Where to buy Halyards and Sheets

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
dkall
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Where to buy Halyards and Sheets

Post by dkall »

I'm looking to purchase 1/2" halyards and sheets for our 42' boat. Anyone have a "really good" place to purchase them?

Wanting different colors for the halyards, most likely white for the mainsheet and different colors for staysl' and jib sheets.

Basically don't want to break the bank with low stretch, want something that wears well and is easy on the hand. Hell, we're cruisers but do appreciate well set sails.

Thanks,
Dave-Westsail 42-Elysium
George ( C&C 40 )
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Hi Dave,

I outfitted my C&C 40 with line from "Cajun Trading Company" out of Canada. Prices were excellent and their standard double braid line is still holding up well after two seasons down here in Southern Virginia. Their website is ...

http://www.cajuntrading.ca/index.htm

Good Luck,

George
George ( C&C 40 )
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by George ( C&C 40 ) »

Hi again Dave,

I just checked out their website again myself and realized that what they call their standard double braid line is what we would call "dock line" or "mooring line". The stuff I got for my running rigging was their "XLE" line. Pretty much the same as NE Ropes "Sta Set" line. XLE jib sheets in the 9/16" size are currently $1.01 a foot and 5/8" line is only $1.21 a foot.

George
grampianman
Master Varnisher

Another vote for Cajun Trading.

Post by grampianman »

I also got my halyards from Cajun and they offer great service and I have yet to find similar prices.

Cheers,
Ian