Spartan Marine

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Spartan Marine

Post by Tim »

Spartan Marine makes a wide variety of top-quality solid bronze hardware, including seacocks, cleats, hawsepipes, tiller straps, etc. No, the prices are not cheap, but the product is outstanding.

www.spartanmarine.com
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

While we're on the topic (and because I will probably buy seacocks someday), I've got a question about the smaller Spartan seacocks, like the "S701" and "S682" on this page:

Does anyone think that the fact that it only has two mounting holes is an issue? I think they look like great seacocks, but always wondered if the combination of height and lack of three (or more) attachment points might make it vulnerable to damage (like if something slammed into it from the side).

Hopefully this is not the case and it's just that I think too much.

--- R.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando

Post by Tim »

These seacocks are quite low profile, and have a large mounting flange. I don't see the 2-hole flange being a problem thanks to the shape and size of the flange, as well as the overall low profile of the seacock compared to the much taller ball valves.

In my opinion, these seacocks are about top of the line.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Jollyboat

WINCH STANDS AND ENGINE BRACKET

Post by jollyboat »

I recently purchased two cast bronze winch stands and the SPARTEN MARINE outboard bracket - also in cast bronze. The service was great and they shipped my purchases within a day or so. I purchased the outboard bracket to see if it will work on the TRITON. I will keep the Forum up to date on this.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
Jason K
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Rambunctious
Boat Type: J/30

Post by Jason K »

I also have the bronze winch stands from Spartan. I agree with Brian and Tim that the service and the parts are outstanding.
- Jason King (formerly #218)
J/30 Rambunctious
http://www.rambunctiousracing.com