Saw Guides

Tools you like...tools you hate...
JetStream
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Sojourn
Boat Type: Pearson 27

Saw Guides

Post by JetStream »

I've been talking to my contractor cousin about saw guides. He is tickled silly with his guide system from Eurekazone http://www.eurekazone.com/. He had done some major comparisons with Festool guide system http://www.festoolusa.com/ before he bought anything and I can usually count on him to have a very critical look at any new tools. Besides being cheaper than the Festool, he says the Eurekazone is hands down better than the Festool. He says that the Eurekazone guide system has nearly eliminated his use of a table saw, especially for those pieces that need a taper or other slightly different applications where a table saw might not be the best tool. He also says the anti chip inserts allow him to do finish cuts with his circular saw. He uses a thin kerf blade on a Porter Cable circular saw for nearly all his work.

In looking at the Eurekazone site, I was struck by the number of good ideas this company seems to have.

Does anyone else have any experience with this stuff that would shed more light on the good bad or ugly? It appears that several companies have taken the marketing direction of replacing big fixed shop tools with highly engineered portables.
Bruce
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

That's a nice looking saw guide (all the stuff looks good, but I'm most interested in the saw guide). I like this one because it works with all conventional circular saws, whereas the Festool system requires their own circular saw.

In the shop, I mostly use the circular saw for trimming straight the rough edge of a board before further milling operations, or for crosscutting long pieces. This simple guide might be just the thing, and I think I may need one. I need some more time to go through the site first, though.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating