Swoon

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Swoon

Post by ILikeRust »

Anybody got a spare $65 large laying about?

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/2144197482.html
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Case

Re: Swoon

Post by Case »

That's an awesome sailboat.

However... There's a huge question mark right there. Teak decks. Old Swans with teak decks... its a notorious moneypit. Replacing the teak deck, you can burn thru 30 grand in a blink. I have read stories of prices skyrocketing past 100 grand. Its labor, you know. Lots of labor removing then repairing then laying down new teak decks.

For the person who are willing to do all of the work scrapping the deck, repainting it all by himself/herself, that boat could be a real deal.

The listing conveniently says nothing about teak decks. But I think I see teak on the deck. Almost all Swans have teak decks.

- Case
bhartley
Boat Name: Ariel Pyxis
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 23 Cape Dory 25D

Post by bhartley »

I guess it would be rude to email the owner asking for more pictures just to drool a little.

Teak decks or no, I would be happy for a while on this one!
ILikeRust
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Post by ILikeRust »

All I know is, that's one sexy sheer line.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Indeed, that's a gorgeous boat. S&S design. 7'-3" draft with a fin keel and a trim tag. They're a little squirrelly; be sure this one has the S&S-designed fix to the rudder. They're quite dark below with that perfect sheer and a teeny bubble house; it's like sailing a cave.

Friend of mine has one in which I've sailed. In fact Sue and I were aboard it when our broker called us and we made the deal for Quetzal. We were in the Atlantic, just offshore from Barnegate Light.