Cheoy Lee 36 at $1,500.00!

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
Trecksail
Bottom Paint Application Technician

Cheoy Lee 36 at $1,500.00!

Post by Trecksail »

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not on the coast or I have no doubt this'd be sitting in my yard as well. 0 bidders so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... =p3907.m32

The same seller also has a nice looking Pearson 26 or something at around $500.
"All men die, but very few men ever really live!

Have a great day!

Joe
solosailor
Deck Grunge Scrubber

North West

Post by solosailor »

I would really like to find something like this in the North West. Just never see it. Why?
Triton106
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by Triton106 »

Consider it a price you pay for living in the beautiful northwest ;-)

On a more serious note I find it very frustrating that living on the west coast there are very limited opportunities to find some of the greatest classic sailbots which are plentiful on the east coast. Cape Dories, Morris Yachts (Frances, Linda, Annie), Seasprites, Southern Crosses, etc. very rarely come on market on the west coast. I am sure you already know Catalinas, Cals, Westsails, Islanders, Pacific Seacrafts are everywhere (at least in California). Where you live I noticed there are a lot of heavy displacement cruisers like Cape George. Overall I still feel fortunate be living in the U.S. compared with Canada, Australia, U.K., and Europe where sailboat selections are even more limited (obviously a subjective and thoroughly US centric view, not meant to offend folks from those countries).
Ray D. Chang
Triton 106 in Berkeley, CA
Shoalcove
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Shoalcove »

While I agree that there are fewer choices in Canada, I'm not too sure I'd say that about the UK or Europe. Pick up a British sailing rag and check out the back pages. Anytime I did I was impressed with the selection. The Brits tend to have some pretty hardy stuff- Nicholsons, Ebbtides, and Vancouvers come to mind. Not many light air drifters though...
Cheers, David
Peter
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Pagan
Boat Type: Albin Ballad 30

Post by Peter »

There's lots of choice in Canada: I hauled one boat up from California and another from Oregon :-)

As a side note, boat prices in Sweden appear to be lower than the rest of Western Europe.
Peter
==================
Victoria BC Canada
Albin Ballad 30

http://www.mostlyaboutboats.ca
solosailor
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Pacific Northwest and Western Canada

Post by solosailor »

Sorry Peter, I don't agree. When ever I see a Classic Plastic, the type I would like to take on as a project boat. Their always in the East.

As for Europe, the prices seem much higher. I'm not saying this from extensive knowledge. I have compared prices of the Contessa 32 in the U.K. and here. We are sometimes about half the cost here.
solosailor
Deck Grunge Scrubber

why?

Post by solosailor »

Just looked at last post. Why am I a bottom painter technician (or what ever it said)? Who the hell put that there?
Shoalcove
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Shoalcove »

It threw me off at first as well. Post more and move up the food chain. You'll note we all have a role. It's part of the forum and part of the fun!
Cheers,
David