Pearson Triton for sale in Deale, MD boatyard, $4900

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Pearson Triton for sale in Deale, MD boatyard, $4900

Post by Rachel »

I thought I'd post this boat here since it's listed as a "Pearson Sloop 28" and may not be picked up on by folks looking for a Triton. I don't know anything about it other than having found the ad online by chance.

Here's a link to the Boat Trader ad:

http://www.sailboattraderonline.com/lis ... p-93098131

Either someone put in an interesting mast support beam modification or it's an optical illusion - I can't quite tell which:

Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Rachel wrote:Either someone put in an interesting mast support beam modification or it's an optical illusion - I can't quite tell which:
Looks like a sheet metal arch-shaped reinforcement.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

For some reason, it looks to me like it's aft of the actual beam area, but ahead of the divider between the saloon and the head compartment. That's why I wondered. Maybe if I look at it for awhile longer it will slip into place, Escher-like :)

R.

PS: I saw an interesting cast-aluminum reinforcing arch/beam (with integral handholds) the other day on what looked like a Morgan 24 (?). If I ever get my photo account up and running I'll post pics. It was kind of neat looking (OEM).
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando

Post by Tim »

Keep looking.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Yes, sir!

Okay, I see it. I think the illusion was caused by how it's curved, and how the original wooden verticals are behind it at the top.

Or it's just me.

Anyway, it's a one-of-a-kind beam reinforcement.

R.
jollyboat
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Jollyboat

Post by jollyboat »

Hmmff - from the pictures she "looks" pretty good - much better than 466 did when I first boarded her while slowly sinking :( . Still $4900.00? Mr. Wilson needs more coffee. WAKE UP ! ! !
$4900.00 should include this boat with the bottom painted, splashed, rig up, sails on, running rigging installed, interior wiped down clean, batteries charged, engine serviced and in operational condition. Running lights should be operational, basic safty gear should be accounted for as well as CG required gear as well as at least one anchor and rhode.
Brian
Jollyboat, Triton #466
Sepi,Triton #346 (1st, Triton)

No Quarter
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

Using the survey I got last week as a point of reference, $4500 for that boat is a SCREAMING bargain.
cmartin
Almost a Finish Carpenter

Post by cmartin »

Hello All -

I'm new here. I've been looking for an Alberg30 but am starting to thinka Triton might better fit my budget.

Does anyone know this boat? This thread mentions $4900 while the ad says $6900. Finding market value for these boats is tough, at least for me. I looked at a boat over the weekend that was pretty rough, but cheap, yet I see seemingly nice examples for Alberg30 money.