1960 Rhodes Swiftsure

Post your comments and thoughts about any and all classic sailboats here.
JetStream
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Sojourn
Boat Type: Pearson 27

1960 Rhodes Swiftsure

Post by JetStream »

I just came across this on the Swiftsure site. (http://specialk.swiftsureowners.org:8000/sos.html) This could be a nice project for someone in the South for probably little or no money. The Swiftsure is really a nice looking boat.

1960 Swiftsure - Yard No. 2621

Desperately seeking home for a 1960 Swiftsure, currently on-the-hard in St. Petersburg, Florida. She has much of her original hardware and is a great candidate for a complete restoration. If she is not moved shortly we face to possibility of losing yet another Swiftsure to the scrap yard.

The boat has been taken apart for restoration. Owner has all the ports, bronze hardware, new teak toe rail and cockpit combings along with a low hour Yanmar 3gm30.

Please contact Craig Johnson at (727) 521-1442. Hurry not much time!
Bruce
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

I found more information on this boat in the "forum" section of the Swiftsure site. Apparently, the yard at which the boat is stored has gone out of business, and the hull must be moved.
Save a Swiftsure!!! is still a posibility.The yard in St Petersburg Florida where the hull and deck has gone out of business....the property owner is open to offers on the hull and deck I still have the hardware available for $2000 and a low hour Yanmar 3gm30 for $3000. I can be reached at 727 521-1442
Craig Johnson, the contact person, also appears to have email at cj@piranhaboats.com. This info seems to date back to at least April of this year, when the site indicates it was last updated.

2K for the hardware...3K for the engine...and unknown for the hull. Maybe a bargain, maybe not.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating