Morgan 24/25 Centerboard

This is the place to post your ideas, thoughts, questions and comments as relates to general boatbuilding and reconstruction techniques and procedures (i.e. recoring, epoxy, fiberglass, wood, etc.)
Hesper(II)
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: to be named
Boat Type: Morgan 24

Morgan 24/25 Centerboard

Post by Hesper(II) »

Hi folks. I just sent the following to Bob Horan who has the most M24/25 info out there. But maybe someone out there knows something.....

Hi Bob-

We "spoke" some time ago and I have another couple of questions for you.

1. My centerboard was unable to go down when bought boat last year. So, this spring I remove it, found some splitting and did what I thought was a good repair job. However, when I put back in, it was still too thick to operate smoothly. So, brought home and yesterday went to town with the grinder. I'll try it later today before I go through reglassing, painting, etc. Question is, is the marine plywood board I have a replacement? The owners manual talks about a cast steel board with epoxy cover. I'm fine with plywood but it does seem a little odd.

2. Do you know what the length of the cable from the board to the stainless rod/piston should be? I think mine is fine but want to get maximum draft from board.

Thanks

Jim