interior changes and suggestions

This is the place to post your ideas, thoughts, questions and comments as relates to general boatbuilding and reconstruction techniques and procedures (i.e. recoring, epoxy, fiberglass, wood, etc.)
svheidi61
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: HEIDI
Boat Type: lecompte

interior changes and suggestions

Post by svheidi61 »

Hello,
I am restoring a 1962 lecompte medalist 33 mk1 I have taken out the old rotten interior and want to update it to put a table and bench in it. I have been looking on the internet and old books for ideals on a new interior. If anyone has a 33 or any hints on how they did theres or pics on theres it sure would be helpful once again thanks for any help
ghostwriter247
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: The Celtic Cross
Boat Type: 67 bristol 27

Re: interior changes and suggestions

Post by ghostwriter247 »

Try spurrs guide. It goes over everything you are looking for.
Last edited by ghostwriter247 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Have you already found www.lecomteowners.com ? (Note: no "p")

They have photo galleries, discussion forums, etc.

Rachel
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Jim,

Great to see that you've found your way on to this site! Lots more activity and lots more variously knowledgeable people here than on our site. No one here, but me, will be suggesting that you put your Medalist back together the way it was. And there are at least two other Medalist owners who correspond on this site.

Figure out how to post pictures here, pretty easy, thank goodness (and Tim); folks around here are hungry for 'em!

Doug
svheidi61
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: HEIDI
Boat Type: lecompte

Post by svheidi61 »

Doug,
great to hear from you again, I spent last year stripping her down trying to work my way down get the topside done first alot of hardware leaking got most of it up wow alot of work and alot of time. The interior is always on my mind the way it was there was no table or really nowhere to sit really tight with two people. So I am always second guessing myself on what to do with it. Any ideals with the way it was to put a table in it? somewhere can't wait to hear from you thanks jim