Hello everyone...newbie here...t

This is the place to post your ideas, thoughts, questions and comments as relates to general boatbuilding and reconstruction techniques and procedures (i.e. recoring, epoxy, fiberglass, wood, etc.)
souljour2000
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Type: 1966 Columbia 29 MKII

Hello everyone...newbie here...t

Post by souljour2000 »

Just wanted to say hello as I am a newbie in here...seems like a great site and I hope I can add something of value to this place in the future.
BTW... My name is Morgan and I am on the West Coast of Florida....I acquired a 1971 Seafarer 24 last Spring and I am very fond of good ol' boats so I'm happy to have found this site.
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

Re: Hello everyone...newbie here...t

Post by Skipper599 »

Hello Morgan, - welcome to the forum on Plastic Classics.
A Seafarer 24 eh? A neat looking vessel to be sure. Looks suspiciously like another boat I saw back in the 70's but I'm having a hard time recalling what it was. However, the Seafarer looks to be a fairly sturdy little craft ... will you be sailing her salt water or lake?

You'll do well here if you post lots of pictures ... we do like pictures Morgan. Is your boat in sailing condition or does she need upgrades?

West coast of Florida ... should be able to sail all year one would think. But then I can do that where I live too ... ... ... ... along with a good cabin heater. I'm a little further north, and also on a west coast.
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to post photos of warm, azure waters (okay, not from the last few days, brrrr, but...)

Rachel
Poda
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Type: 1976 Northstar Farr 727 #37

Post by Poda »

Welcome Morgan!

You'll find a wealth o' knowledge round these parts.. you're in good hands when you inevitably need advice on something..

But as skipper says, pictures! The tithe for help is lots and lots of pictures! ;)
1976 Northstar Farr 727 #37
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

Welcome.
Poda wrote: But as skipper says, pictures! The tithe for help is lots and lots of pictures! ;)
Yup, and prepayment is required. No asking questions until at least a dozen good shots have been posted ;>)
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.